Monday, May 5, 2014

Room 20 Classroom Notes May 5-9

Good Week!
This week we take our state math test, prepare for Art Night on Thursday, and finish up our Science Fair Experiments. Then, of course, we have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday set aside for our journey to camp. Please make sure your child has taken home the supply list. Importantly, you should notify me if you are lacking any materials, raincoats, boots, etc... We will get back before the end of the school day on Wednesday. Please make sure all baggage is labelled with your child's name and school. I want to thank all of the help with art this year, specifically Monica, Alea and Jen for not only helping on projects but helping mat and process photography. If you have a little time on Wednesday (this is the for the e-newsletter: I'm aware hard copies don't go out until Wednesday) please let me know. Jen and Monica will be hanging in the halls. I sincerely could not have done it without you! I am also looking for docents. Please support your child representing our class and all of the unique projects we did this year! I need many. If your child is performing, please support them helping out before and/or after performances. Science Fair displays are due on Friday but will be presented the following Friday. During the week previous, I will be scoring them based on the mock-display I sent home and online (posted last week on blog). I hope everyone comes to Art Night- it is always a magical experience. Finally, room 20 is the sole keeper of data for Walk and Bike month. Our class has two representatives go to every classroom every morning and poll who walked, skated/scootered, drove in car, parked and walked, or rode a bike to school. Our classroom will be compiling the data that is sent to a spreadsheet and we will graph the results starting the week after Art Night. It is a wonderful real-world project that I look forward to each year. I feel proud to display our work to the entire school and for the entire community. Students pledge to come to school in a form other than driving at the start of the month. I wish us all well and hope we exceed our goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment