Sunday, June 2, 2013

Essay of the Week Due Friday June 7th: "Where Do I Come From?"

Interview two or more family members. You do not need to ask the same question to both. Make sure you try to call or speak with one of your oldest relatives. Now genealogy can be a complex subject, so keep it simple. You will be writing down the answers as they answer them, unless you record your conversation. You may wish to make a diagram or a simple family tree. Try to get exact information about your culture/s:


1. What is culture?
2. Where exactly does our family come from?
3. What are some of our family's cultural traditions we DO NOT practice?
4. What are some cultural traditions we DO practice?
5. What is your favorite part of our culture?
6. If I wanted to learn more about my culture or cultures, whom do you suggest I talk to or where should I go?

**Draw or Print out an important symbol of your culture. Be prepared to speak about it during class on Friday.

I'm really looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment