Monday, May 27, 2013

Essay Question of the Week May 28-31

Essay Question of the Week May 28-31
Room 20

Please write a letter to your new principal next year. If you are going to Sellwood, it will be Principal Russell. If you are going somewhere else, you will need to research what her/his name is. Please write a bit about who you are and what kind of student you are. You might want to write about your interests and what you are looking forward to as a sixth-grader.
Here are a few ideas for your letter including paragraph topics you will add detail sentences to:

*Introduce yourself: Dear Principal __________,
“My name is Matthew Marchyok and I am currently a fifth-grader at Meriwether Lewis Elementary School.”

*What specifically I am looking forward to studying in middle school.

*What, specifically, I like to do outside of school.

*Other things that appeal to me about middle school your principal might want to know.

*What makes me special? Am I a hard worker? Helpful? Kind? Love to write, work with computers? An awesome problem solver? A deep thinker?

*Closing:
Sincerely,         Thank You,            See You Soon,

200-400 words.
Use a thesaurus to spice-up your adjectives, verbs, nouns and adverbs!
Write like a sixth-grader. Impress your new principal. “Wow, I am glad THAT student will be here!”

No comments:

Post a Comment